Today I come with a slightly different kind of post.
I have been stitching away on Winter City Cats - I'm almost finished! I will probably post an update on that later in the week as I am due to have some new materials delivered soon and I may as well post everything together ^^
Jan's most recent post over at Thread Garden featured a series of 'Stitching Questions'. I really enjoyed reading her answers so I thought I would give it a go myself ^^
2) What is your favourite fabric count? 32 count. It's easy on my eyes and I like the coverage of my stitches on this count.
3) What colour fabric do you most enjoy stitching on? My all-time-favourite fabric colour is Zweigart Ivory. If I'm doubt as to what colour fabric to go for, I know this one will do the job :)
4) What is your favourite fibre? I have only ever used cotton. I would one day like to try stitching with silk.
5) How many of the 450 DMC Colours do you own? Quite a lot - I have three bobbin boxes that are full. I keep meaning to get a few more of the missing ones each month so that eventually I will have all of them.
6) Of your last five finished projects—how many used DMC/Anchor as the main floss? All of them I think.
7) Of the last five projects, if you didn’t use DMC/Anchor—what did you use? n/a. I'm currently stitching the Once Upon a Time sampler from Frosted Pumpkin which uses some Weeks Dye Works, and I have just ordered some Gentle Art Sampler Threads - it will be my first time using them so I'm pretty excited :D
8) What needles do you prefer? Gold plated 26's from Permin. They last quite a while and they come in a little tube which is nice and handy.
9) What is the UGLIEST design you’ve encountered? I can't think of any particular one that sticks out, but when reading UK cross stitch magazines I do find myself asking '....why?' of quite a few of the designs ^^;
10) What is the most BEAUTIFUL design you’ve encountered? I find this really difficult to answer... It would have to be something samplery with soft, romantic colours and stitched on an ivory coloured fabric...that would be love at first sight *lol*
11) Who is your favourite designer? I refuse to pick just one! Teresa Wentzler, Joan Elliot and Gail Bussi. I didn't actually know until recently that Gail Bussi was one of my favourites. I was looking through the Just Cross Stitch DVD and every time I was sighing at the sheer prettiness of a design, it happened to be by Gail Bussi!
12) Least favourite designer? I don't have one, but I wish the Cupcake of the Month series in The World of Cross Stitching would finish already D:
13) Will you/would you support a designer whose personal beliefs offended/angered you? Not consciously. Often I see a design I like and buy it not knowing who it's by.
14) Do you have a lamp especially made for needleworkers/crafters? I have a daylight lamp that I could not live without! My living room is pretty dark so it's become something of a necessity. I don't know how I stitched without it.
15) What brand of stitching lamp do you have/prefer? The one I have is from daylight, but I want one of those fancy-pants lights that is old-fashioned looking and has attachments! *___*
16) What kind of environment best suits you when you are stitching? Somewhere warm and light and comfy with enough room to spread all my things around me in organised chaos.
17) Have you stitched any design more than once? No.
18) Favourite design you have stitched and finished? The one that always comes to mind is this one :
It is from Cross Stitcher magazine and it was the first time I had stitched on evenweave. I loved everything about it. As soon as I'd finished I wanted to stitch it again.
19) Least favourite design you’ve stitched and finished? This one...
This is Flower Fairy kit from DMC that I stitched for my Nan. I really dislike fairies. Also, there were hundreds of french knots. I couldn't do french knots. There are two good things that came out of stitching this - my nan liked it and I can now do french knots.
I hope you enjoyed reading my answers ^^
I'd love to know other stitcher's responses to these questions so please have a try yourself :D