Saturday 16 June 2012

The Castle - Complete

Finally, The Castle is complete! ^o^


I'm really pleased with how it's turned out.
I got a bit disheartened doing the back-stitch - it's not my favourite thing to do anyway, but I found it quite difficult to keep track of where I was going in places...but I got there in the end! The back-stitch has really made it come alive.

Here are some details pics...




Overall I enjoyed this cross-stitch even though it was quite frustrating in parts.

I completed this project from a kit from Janlynn and if I was to do it again I would prefer to work from the chart version in 'The Best of Teresa Wentzler Fantasy Collection' book.
The chart included in the kit is a really old one done by hand! As such there are squares which had no symbol in them and some symbols (when done by hand) are a little too similar - I completed a whole section in the wrong colour..it was only when I finished I realised it looked wrong - the symbols I got confused were two different dots - a small dot and a fat dot which look very similar when done by hand (pressure applied to paper for eg).
Whoever worked out the thread requirements must have been having an off-day :/ I ran out of a few colours and had loads left over of other colours...
As a personal choice I would work this in evenweave over aida - there are a lot of fractionals in this design and it gets very tiresome piercing the aida blocks.

This is the first Teresa Wentzler design I have stitched. She is one of my favourite designers for cross-stitch and her pictures are so beautiful so I was a bit nervous starting one of her designs in case I couldn't do it justice....but it's turned out really well :3
I look forward to the challenge of another of her designs!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to comment. I hope you've enjoyed your stay ^^ I tend to reply to comments by email. If you are a no-reply commenter, I will reply to your comment here :) Have a nice day <3