Saturday 16 June 2012

New project - Blossom Splendour - Joan Elliot

Blossom Splendour by Joan Elliot


This beauty is my next cross stitch project.
The design is by another of my favourite designers, Joan Elliot. This will be the first of her designs that I will stitch.

I had thought to do something quick and simple after completing 'The Castle'...but I was buying all the threads and fabric for this design and then got far too excited and just had to start it.

The chart is from 'Cross Stitch Collection' magazine from April 2010.
It is stitched on 28count evenweave using DMC threads. The design also requires the use of Kreinik very fine #4 braid and seed beads. I've never used seed beads before so I'm a little nervous about that...

The fabric is a really beautiful hand-dyed Jobelan called 'English Rose' and is available from Polstitches.

(excuse the bit of stitching there!)

It's lovely to work with and smells beautiful! It reminds of fruit salad sweets :3

As you can see, I've already started! ^__^


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to comment. I hope you've enjoyed your stay ^^ I tend to reply to comments by email. If you are a no-reply commenter, I will reply to your comment here :) Have a nice day <3