It feels like quite a while since my last stitching post and I don't even have much to show for my absence..
In my last post I wrote about the keyring cover kit that didn't have enough thread...
Here it is complete! Wood is an interesting medium to stitch on..not sure if I'd go for it again but it was fun to try. In this photo you can also see a little bumble bee that I stitched on plastic canvas - again a medium I've never stitched on before. I plan to make him into a little pin ^^
Now for my next project...destined to become a UFO :(
This the 'Unicorn Tapestry' from Janylnn.
It is being stitched on 18 count navy blue aida using DMC threads.
I am not enjoying this :( I wanted the chart as soon as I saw it but hesitated for quite a while before I decided to just buy it. I excitedly bought all the materials and as soon as I sat down to stitch..I got very upset with it. I think the problem is mostly with the fabric..I really don't know what possessed me to go with navy blue (it was the colour used on the cover of the chart) as I don't generally like dark colours to stitch on. The count is also causing me a bit of a headache as I'm having to concentrate a bit more than usual (I think it would be easier on a lighter fabric). I also keep making mistakes (one obvious and one not-so-obvious)....so I've kind of given up on it for now :( I'm going to start up a 'Unicorn Tuesday' or something when I will only stitch this (not going to happen).
So I decided to stitch something cute and simple to inject some stitching cheer!
This is a kit from 'The New Berlin Co.' that I won on ebay a while back - it comes with a pink heart shaped frame :3 This little kitty is so darn cute! And she (called Sophie) will look even cuter once all the back-stitch is done. This design is being stitched on 14 count white aida using DMC threads.